“You have ages to live!’”
I regularly hear people saying things like “I can’t start now I’m too old”, “once you hit 30,40,50 etc its all downhill so there’s no point.”
I’m here to tell you that these statements are just not true! If you are going to live till you’re 82, which is the current life expectancy, then at 30 years old you literally have more years to live than you have been alive! If you are 40 then you’re not quite ½ way through life, and if you’re 50-60 you still have 20+ years to live!
If you have ‘old age pains’, your back hurts, knees hurt or whatever else, you could literally spend 5 years working on improving that one aspect of your health and wellbeing and still have double digit years left to work on other aspects of your fitness!
You don’t have to stop going to the gym because you are of a certain age. In fact there are huge benefits to exercising throughout your whole life;
• Exercising helps increase your metabolism, helping fight the natural slowing of your metabolism as you age
• Increased muscle mass, to stay stronger, burn more calories and protect against injury and debilitation.
• Improved immune and digestive function.
• Better blood pressure and bone density.
• Lower risk of Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, obesity, heart disease, osteoporosis and some cancers.
• Regular exercise enhances mobility, flexibility and balance.
• Improved posture.
• Exercise can help alleviate the symptoms of some chronic conditions such as arthritis.
• Improves sleep quality.
• Boost your mood with the release of hormones that make you feel better every time you train.
• Improved self-confidence – look good, feel good.
• Helps improve brain function.
With so many benefits to staying active, not only your body but also for your mind, don’t lose another day get active today!
31/36 Aughtie Dr, Albert Park VIC 3206
In the South Melbourne FC/Sydney Swans Building.